- New York State Office for the Agingwww.aging.ny.gov
The New York Office for the Aging offers a number of food assistance programs that can help seniors maintain healthy diets.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Serviceswww.cms.gov
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services aims to enhance and modernize the nation’s health care system. It seeks to make high-quality care more accessible as well as more affordable.
- MedicineNet – Health and Medical Information Produced by Doctorswww.medicinenet.com
At MedicineNet, you can find doctor-produced health and medical information that can aid you in making informed decisions regarding your health concerns.
- Everyday Health – Online Health Informationwww.everydayhealth.com
Through the trusted and medically reviewed information presented on Everyday Health, you can lead a healthy life every day.
Be familiar with the health and drug plans offered by Medicare and maximize their use.
- The AGS Foundation for Health in Agingwww.healthinaging.org
This website contains expert health information for older adults and their caregivers about the crucial issues everyone faces as they age.
- Caregiving – Insights, Information, Inspirationswww.caregiving.com
This website provides invaluable information to caregivers who are caring for a family member or friend.
- The Managed Care Organization Directorywww.health.ny.gov/health_care/managed_care/mcplans.htm
This directory encompasses all the Prepaid Health Services Plans, Health Maintenance Organizations, Primary Care Partial Capitation Providers, and Special Needs Plans that are certified by the NYS Department of Health.
- Elderlife Financial Serviceswww.elderlifefinancial.com
Elderlife helps you gain an understanding of your best options for paying for senior living.
AARP is the nation’s biggest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization committed to encouraging Americans aged 50 and older to decide how they live as they age.
- Visiting Nurse Service of New Yorkwww.vnsny.org
VNSNY is the largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization in the United States. It concentrates on promoting the overall well-being of patients and their families through the provision of professional, cost-effect care in their homes and communities.
- Need Help Paying Billswww.needhelppayingbills.com
This can provide you with the help you need to pay your rent, bills, mortgages, and debts, among others. Here, you can find information on government assistance programs, charities, churches, and other resources that will offer you support.